Bespoke Nutritional Therapy
What is involved in Nutritional Therapy with Nutrinity Health?
All clients seeking Nutritional Therapy support are invited to book a free 15-minute discovery call to discuss your aims and how Nutrinity Health can help you achieve these.
Before your first session, I will ask you to complete a questionnaire based on your medical history and health.
- I will explore in a little more detail your questionnaire responses as well as current symptoms and aims as well as discussing potential root causes – what is keeping your symptoms going
- You will be sent a bespoke and personalised plan incorporating dietary and lifestyle recommendations with any additional material such as handouts to support you
- If appropriate, we may discuss supplement recommendations for you to consider
- If appropriate, we may discuss request for tests via your primary healthcare provider, or alternatively functional testing to help understand what is going on for you
Follow Up Consultations
- We will review your successes and challenges; what worked well, what hasn’t worked well.
- We will review how your symptoms have improved, as well as review any test results.
- You will be sent a further plan with additional recommendations to support your ongoing optimal health, with adjustments to supplement protocols as necessary
What do you mean by functional testing?
Functional Medicine is the framework to understand the root cause of disease and optimise individual wellness. By identifying and understanding the root causes we can apply an evidence-based approach, designing bespoke support for your symptoms and to promote overall wellness.
Functional testing offers the opportunity to undertake targeted tests to help unravel root causes and understand what is driving symptoms forward. Individual support can then be provided based on your results.
Many types of functional tests are available (see below)
As well as maintaining communication with your primary healthcare provider (with your prior approval), there may be some functional tests worthy of consideration to help understand in more detail root causes, or what continues to drive your symptoms forward.
- Vitamin D profile – to understand the status of circulating Vitamin D
- Essential/Advanced Iron profile – to investigate iron status and low energy levels
- Fatigue profile – to investigate causes of fatigue. Biomarkers include iron, thyroid, vitamin D, vitamin B12 and folate
- Stool testing – to assess the microbiome & digestion
- SIBO testing – to assess potential Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth, commonly associated with IBS symptoms
- Adrenal Cortisol testing – to determine the impact of stress on your health
- Thyroid panel including Thyroid antibodies – to assess overall thyroid health
- Cholesterol Lipid profile – to assess levels of cholesterol and other circulating lipids
- Female hormone health – DUTCH test
- Hair analysis – to assess toxic elements
“‘You gave me so many resources that were easy to follow and incorporate (bearing in mind my tastes and preferences) as well as making bespoke local recommendations for other holistic therapies I could try.
My son and his friends all love the protein ball recipes which are now a firm family favourite as an alternative healthy treat – thank you!”